Monday, November 1, 2010

Where did October go?

It seems as if I blinked and when I opened my eyes.. November was here.

This tells me 2 things. One- Deployment is closer... Gotta stop putting off some things. But on a much happier, much more positive note, My husband was gone for almost all of October for an underway... and it flew by.

The fact that October flew by with my hubby underway, makes me very happy. This proves to me that Deployment isn't just going to drag on. Sure, I know there are going to be days where I feel like they are just dragging on, but in the end.. I know I'll realize that the time passed by much faster than I anticipated, as it has with the long underways.

I think the trouble I'm still having is seeing how fast it's coming up on me. I still have some time, so much to do and so much that is happening.. I keep having to hit the pause button so that I slow down and really enjoy and appreciate the time I have with him before he leaves.

These are the times I know I will always remember.. this is part of the Journey.

Now that it's November, I want to post something I'm thankful for for every day of November. Something different every day. I challenge you to do so as well. It'll really show you what you have to appreciate and be grateful for.

Today, I am grateful for great communication with my husband. Without the good communication skills we have, I think these underways and the upcoming deployment would really get to me. Thankfully, even when he's away, he's still my rock.. my best friend.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.4

1 comment:

  1. Ugh...I know! This year is FLYING by!!!! And before I know it...we will be moving. I have a feeling this month is going to go quickly too. Thanksgiving time always does!

    You know I'll be here for you to get through your deployment! Love on your hubs every minute that you can!

    ReplyDelete