Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Dear USAF, I'm Thankful

Today I am hosting Lauren from Faith & Deployments.
I was so happy that Lauren wanted to guest blog for me! I like the way she blogs so freely, but still yet.. I see that she is a positive person in her posts. She makes the best out of tough situations. Her blogs are always a pleasure reading, although, I admit.. I am horrible at commenting.





When I asked Faith & Deployments what she was Thankful for- military style, I received this wonderful post.

"Dear USAF, I'm Thankful"

I honestly never thought those words would ever come out of my mouth. But Journey of a Navy Wife posted the call for Bloggers to blog about what they were grateful, with the military!

I am grateful that my husband has a guaranteed job. Having applied for a decent paying job for over a year and a half, I don't know what we would have done without his job. I am grateful that when I go to the UCC on base or pick up my prescriptions I don't have to pay anything. Health care is so expensive and I spent the last 3 years of my life barely going to the doctor since I had to pay out of pocket. Now I don't have to worry if we are sick. I am thankful for the extra pay which somehow makes deployments almost worth it. It's not much, but this time the USAF paid us more than $3 a day in per diem....for the first time ever! Because of that we are able to buy this Shrunk and have extra money to throw in the bank. I am very grateful for this trip money.

I am grateful for the friends I have made. These ladies are true gems, diamonds in the rough and some of the strongest most amazing ladies I have ever met. I consider them more like family than my own family most times because they treat me and others like family without judgement, harsh words, and are there no matter what. They don't push their own ideals and lifestyles on others, they listen when you need it most, and they offer advice without being mean or condescending. I think the military helped shape these ladies and make them the most invaluable friends I could ask for. 

I am grateful for a safe place to go where I don't have to worry if it's 11PM and I am in a dark parking lot. Base feels so safe to me most days, safer than my own home.

There are a lot of things I am grateful for with the military, but the thing I am most thankful for is my Husband. Because if it wasn't for the USAF he never would have been stationed in VA and I never would have met him. He's worth more than anything in the world. And while it sucks that the AF rips him out of our home at least once a year, having him in my life is worth more than not having him home. He's the peanut butter to my jelly, my cheese to my macaroni. Let's face it, he's the sexiest man in ABUs (yes I am being biased). So the first decision the USAF made for us was to send my Airman to me.

Thank you USAF, sometimes, you aren't as bad as you seem!

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely post! So glad you always seem to see the positive within the negative. Have a happy Thanksgiving my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe LC I loved this! Great post sweets!

    ReplyDelete