Thursday, November 11, 2010

They Fought for YOU



"This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave" -Elmer Davis

Today, is Veterans day. Today is a day set aside for us to remember those who have server to keep our freedoms intact. To remember those who lost their lives in sacrifice for you and for me. To honor those who have served and those currently serving to be able to continue the luxuries we have in America.

I see so many people who are against the military, or they don't believe that the military is in place to uphold our constitution. Believe it or not, the military is fighting for your right to freedom of speech. Service members are the reason we still have our freedom. I read recently "Military doesn't fight to give us freedom". I agree. The military fights to Continue to give us the freedom we currently have. They fight so that our rights do not get taken away by another country. 

Today, while you may be enjoying a day off from work, or maybe you have plans for a cookout, There are Sailors, Soldiers, Marines, Airmen and Coasties that won't be getting any sleep tonight. There is a family without a father, a mother, a brother, a sister, a son, etc. because they paid the ultimate price for YOUR freedom. For MY freedom.

If you can't WON'T stand  behind them or beside them, feel free to stand in front of them. 

Thank You all who serve. You are all my Heroes/ She-roes.

7 comments:

  1. Excellent post today! How very true- feel free to stand in front of them. See how many cower in the shadows at that thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You to your Sailor and to you for your service! Happy Veterans Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been a follower of yours for awhile but I wanted to let you know that I just added your button to my blog over at http://mysometimescrazybutmostlyboringlife.blogspot.com/
    Just wanted to let you know :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome tribute to Veterans Day! Everything you said is SOOOO true.

    Wanted to let you know I left you a little something on my blog to let you know how much I heart you. :)

    http://www.ridingtherollercoaster.com/2010/11/top-10-bloggy-friends-im-passing-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am bawling right now at work! I have seen this a million times but gracious it just always gets me, or its just the week I have been having but thanks this is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone :)

    Mandy. Thank you! I'm going to be adding more button's on here soon! Do you have a button? I couldn't find one, but I could have looked over it lol

    Roller Coaster! Thank you! I will go check that out! :D

    Jordan, It is a VERY touching video!

    ReplyDelete