Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Stolen

The other day I emailed my husband. Sometimes I think of something totally cheesy and just email him. He gets lots of cheesy emails. But that's how we are- we're one of those cheesy, goofy couples.

I sent him this:

Dear Husband,
You are a thief! You stole something very precious and delicate to me. You didn't just take half,  You took ALL of it. You greedy punk! All I got to say, Is you better take care of it and bring it home in one piece. I'm warning you, it's very fragile.. So, PLEASE be careful. Do not break it. Although you stole it, I'm going to allow you to keep it. Because with you, it's happy, it gets excited.. it beats only for you. You have my heart.
I love you.
I'm cheesy, yes.. we know this. But that's why you love me, and why I love you- we are equally cheesy. <3

Love always,
Your Wife

Just something I knew would make him chuckle. I was right :)
He laughed after he realized half way into reading it that I was being cheesy. He said that when he first started reading it he was freaking out thinking I was serious and he thought I really was mad about something and he couldn't figure out what he did. Once he realized I was talking about how he has my heart, he laughed.

It is partially true- He does have my heart, not just half but all of it. The part that isn't true is he didn't steal it. I gave it to him. I was reluctant to give it to him at first, but it was the best decision I ever did. Working on 4 years later.. and I would do it all over again.

If I could go back to do it again, I would have opened myself up to him sooner instead of really making him work to get me. Although, knowing how hard he tried, how he stuck with me until I was ready to commit,  how he never gave up with me just showed me time and time again that he was perfect for me and I needed to stop running from it. Being scared of getting hurt and pushing the one you want to be with away only makes things harder.

I'm so thankful he didn't give up on me and that he kept trying.

I have to say, I'm one lucky gal.

2 comments:

  1. That is sooo cute! (Yes, I'm as equally cheesy!) And it's good to know you have a man who truly loves you, rather than rushing into things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really cute. We are gearing up for deployment- hopefully our last- so I am trying to think of ways to make it memorable. Thank you for the idea!!

    ReplyDelete