Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Been There, Done That, Got the Tshirt!



As some of you know, my husband is now home. The USS Enterprise is home from their 6 month deployment {cheers!}.

I was going to attempt to blog the day of homecoming-while waiting. Obviously, blogging was the last thing on my mind the day of. Too much excitement. I was nervous, anxious, and shakey from being so excited  (some can be attributed to  forgetting to eat that morning.)!

He flew in 2 days earlier than the ship came in. I never imagined I would be as nervous as I was. Seeing the plane land, my heart started pounding. When I saw them stepping off that plane, no words can describe my excitement and how nervous I was. I wanted to run to the plane, but of course, that wasn't permitted. Seeing him walking toward me, I felt as if we were the only 2 people outside.

All I can remember is being so excited. I also remember thinking about how much weight he looked like he had lost, then back to being completely excited.

When he was close to me, I ran to him. Seeing him smile, then feeling his arms around me, hugging me.. all my questions, fear and nervousness disappeared. Nothing had changed. People say service members come back different, they change. They don't always change. They see things, do things that may have an effect on them, but it doesn't necessarily change them. My husband is the same man I married almost 3 years ago.

Things are great, it's as if the past 6 months were nonexistent.

Just a tip, don't set your expectations too high, don't expect too much from him. You know your loved one better than anyone else. When someone tells you to expect several things, such as change, how they will act, things they will do or will not do.. Take it with a grain of salt. You could be expecting too much, you could be setting yourself up to be disappointed. I believe this is why there are do many fights after homecoming.

Just enjoy your time with them.

Deployment number one down. Been there, done that.. And I didn't need a xxanax


Photo credit by Cocoa Bean Photography
Link to her Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/CocoaBeanPhoto

4 comments:

  1. YEA!!! So happy for you both. LOVE that photo, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the first deployment! Love the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay yay yay! So happy your husband is home and that you are enjoying him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg this is beautiful... How long did/does your husband stay home before he leaves ??

    ReplyDelete