Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Incredible Edible Egg & an Update


Thank you so much to everyone who reached out after my last blog. Your comments are really helping me through this tough time. 


I'm physically feeling tons better. I'm up and moving around and getting back into the swing of things. We're still working of getting a grasp of everything. It's a bit of a roller coaster. It's one of those things, I don't want to talk about it unless it's on my terms. 

I feel like there are so many who don't understand, they know NOTHING about what I'm going through mentally and physically, but yet they want to tell me what I should be doing. It's something that can very easily anger me. The anger is something I need to work on. It's just one of those things, if you don't know anything about it- if you haven't went through it yourself, don't tell me what I NEED to be doing or that I'm dumb for not doing something. Just shut up. If you can't be understanding, don't talk. Please, because I don't need to be pushed. It's one of those things, I'm at the point that if I'm continually pushed, I won't want you in my life anymore because I have a very bad tendency to hold grudges. It doesn't matter who you are or how close we are. Just don't.  I think it was a long time coming that I said that. 

Miscarriage, unfortunately, is so common. For some, peace is brought by talking about it. Others, it's easier not talking about and for those like myself, I find comfort talking about it on my terms. Which is why I have turned to my blog to do so. It's my outlet and how I find the easiest means to channel my emotions. 

I will get there. Again, Tough Times Never Last. Repeat, Tough Times Never Last. 

Okay, now for something fun!

On Pinterest, I found a pin about Hard boiled eggs from the oven! Seemed fun, so I thought I would try it! I would link the pin, but I failed to pin it and cannot find it now. So, maybe I'll come across it and add the link later. 

Photos from my Instagram, follow me! @journeyofanavywife
So, here's what I did:
  • Preheated oven to 325
  • I placed my eggs in a muffin pan (easy to put in the oven and take out, but you can put them straight on the wire rack)
  • Baked them for 30 minutes
  • Removed them from the oven and allowed them to cool
  • Peeled them (surprisingly they peeled with ease!)
  • Ate them. 
They actually tasted pretty good! If I make them again by baking them, I will flip them about 15 minutes in. There were some brown spot on the eggs, and inside the shell on the side that was placed down. I think the side that was placed down was slightly over-cooked. One egg was a tad bit rubbery on the darkened side. 
To me, it seemed like far less of a hassle baking them than boiling them. Other than the one egg with the rubbery spot, they tasted no different to me than boiling them.

 It was fun trying something new! 



No comments:

Post a Comment