Saturday, October 22, 2011

M.I.A

I disabled my blog for several days. I'm not sure why I did it..

I think I needed to step away from the blogging world, even though I rarely blog anymore. Why do I blog? I use to like blogging, now it's only a means for a select few to attack me. It's annoying and childish. I can't tell you when the last time I read my comments to blog posts. If I saw a familiar name pop up- I'd read it. I dunno how many comments I've left unread. That's not like me. I use to respond to everyone.

I decided to open my blog back up because there are those who DO find support in my blogging. I know this because I've received so many messages, emails, etc the past few days from people asking for access back to my blog.

I opened my blog back for you. You as in those people who have actually noticed and taken interest as to why it was shut down- noone could see it but me. I opened it back up for me- because this is MY blog and I shouldn't let grown women who behave like 13 year olds get under my skin. But unlike them, I have a heart and I have feelings. Occasionally, the pettiness of these women do get to me.

I need to find the old blogger in me. The one who liked blogging and reading other's blogs. I honestly cannot tell you when the last time I actually read someone's blog! I use to read blogs regularly.

When it comes to the military.. what is there to write about that I haven't already written about? It seems a bit repetitive. I think.. I need to step out of my box and start finding new things to blog about, new things to help people with. I do like helping people, I always have.

I know that in the process of getting back to that old blogger I once was, I will deal with the same petty childish behavior I have been facing for the past year on my blog. There are people who have always looked down on me and labeled me a "know it all" and not meaning it in good terms. There will always be those people. Eventually, you throw in the towel... now, I'm picking up the boxing gloves. I'm not going to let these  depressed, unhappy girls bring me down because I am truly happy with where I am in my life. I AM HAPPY being a 24 year old married WOMAN whose husband just so happens to be a Sailor.


I am happy being me. And for those who have issue with me, or don't like me. Well Poo on you. You're missing out because I do have a heart. I do care and I can be one of the best friend's that anyone could possibly have.

I catch hell because my best quality is also my worst quality- depending on how you look at it. I am a very honest person. I hold nothing back and I will hold my heart out on my sleeve. One thing I can't stand is a liar and I won't lie to anyone. Being honest makes me opinionated- so be it. I'm glad I have an opinion- and I honestly don't care if what I think doesn't go with the popular vote. It's mine and it doesn't have to agree with any or every other person's thoughts or their facts.

It may be some time before I open my blog fan page back up- but for now, we're going to work on the blog. I'm going to start reading again. I think I'm going to go back and maybe even read my own blog. Who knows. I knew I've had a lot of followers for some time, but I never knew how many supporters I had until I shut down this blog.

Thank you to those supporters.




4 comments:

  1. Good for you! I'm glad to see you back! Definitely looking forward to your future posts.

    And, I'm sure the military will always give you some fodder for blogging! :) I usually find something, good or bad, that I have an opinion on.

    Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. I enjoy reading your blog :) And have shared a few things in it to people. I have had a woman attack me and stalk me on Blogger. That is why my comments need approval now. Perhaps that will help you, because once I did that the attacks stopped and I haven't heard from her. I blog for me as well and find it weird that people want to attack you on blogger but can't simply email you with the problem. It's like they need it in public eye. Shrug it off you are better than that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are back - I enjoy your blog! And who cares what other people say - you should be able to be real and honest - I find it refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is good for you to continue your writing if only for those of us who are new Navy wives!

    ReplyDelete