Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Happy Birthday- Care Package

Today is my husband's birthday. This is his 2nd year in a row we have been apart. And you want to know something? I'm OK with that.

 As much fun as we would have if he were home, I'm much more creative when he is gone. I spend the entire deployment planning for his homecoming, birthday and this year- our anniversary.

Basically he is extremely spoiled and comes home to tons of gifts and decorations.

 Last year I made a whole box of cake in jars for him and his division. This year, I have been a lot busier. So, I took an easier route with old fashioned candies, other random candies and other goodies. Where I had a lot of fun with it was decorating the box.

Many girls will paint or glue paper to decorate the inside, I do something more fun, in my opinion. I use Duck Tape in fun obnoxious colors. I use it on every box I send to make it more fun... Even if it is just more fun for me! Then, I use sharpies or paint pens to write all over the Duck Tape. For his birthday box, I also used tissue paper and a "Happy Birthday" bow to make it pretty.

I took some pictures this year :)
I typically only cover the box flaps with Duck Tape
I then put tissue paper in the bottom and fill it up
Prettified :) 
I will even wrap the box in the "Pretty" tape. 

So, there you have it. That's all there is to my husband's birthday box. Fun, yet simple. Duck Tape makes everything fun (and where where I'm from, fixes EVERYTHING!).

The different colors, patterns and designs make themed care packages a blast. For instance, come college football season, I will be making a Tennessee VOLS themed box, using UT Duck Tape brand duct tape. Fun, right? Yes, it is.

For continence of his birthday at homecoming, I have a few ideas- some thanks to Pinterest, but you will just have to wait several more months before I unveil more. Just think of balloons. Lots and lots of balloons (something like 30 Balloons and each have a meaning). The idea came from something I saw in Pinterest, and I am taking that idea and creating something completely different and "Me", err.. him.
Plus my projects around the house (yard mainly) to surprise him as well! :)

Happy Birthday to my Mr Amazing!


p.s. My husband received his box just in time for his birthday :)

4 comments:

  1. Love this! Where do you find the fun duck tape? I may need to look on Amazon since the selection out here is pretty limited. I need to start getting my care packages together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica, I usually get it at Wal Mart. Sometimes Walgreens will carry fun colors and patterns. I've seen some awesome tape on Amazon, too!

      Delete
  2. Not sure where you ladies live, but the Dollar Tree has a lot of fun duck-tape too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just FYI, the post office doesnt allow this type of tape anymore because it was coming open in route to the person. (AT least mine doesn't) and this makes me sad!

    ReplyDelete