Sunday, May 8, 2011

Halfway there!

Friday night was USS Enterprise halfway party. No, that does not mark the exact halfway point of deployment, marking the exact halfway point would be a violation of OPSEC.

I had a lot of fun. It was very well planned. The food was pretty good- although, the servers took the food away way too soon (this gal likes to eat!). The cookies made up for it though ;).

The FRG planned it wonderfully. Something like 50 items were donated for door prizes (I donated 6 items- 3 shirts from CRushGFX, A Print of the Ship and a Free session from Christina Rush Photography, and Sailor LEGO Keychain made by Boxhounds from this website, The Journey of a Navy Wife). I am unsure who all one my donations, but I hope they all enjoy them! I won a $25 giftcard from Lowes- which works out perfectly since we are closing on our house next month!

The gals and I danced the night away, just let loose and had fun. Great conversations, lots of laughs and me dancing like a chicken. Yea, I can't dance.

I broke it down to "Ice Ice Baby" by Vanilla Ice- Yeah.. That I can do. I then dedicated "Jump On It" to a friend, and we got out there and did the Carlton dance. We had a blast.

Of course, I took a break to email my husband from my phone while catching a water break. Telling him about the party some and about winning the gift card. I'm sure he got a good laugh out of some of the emails.

A few friends had a little something to drink (alcohol) and they made the night even more amusing. I can't count how many times I was laughing so hard that I couldn't breathe!

They played a shout out video from the ship- it was nice. My husband wasn't in the video, unfortunately- but that's ok. He emailed me right around the same time the video was playing.. so We emailed back and forth for a bit.

We stayed at the party til about Midnight. We then decided it was iHop time. We went, ate and chatted. Before we knew it.. it was after 2. I was exhausted. I dropped off the gals and I headed home. I got home a little after 3am. I hit the bed and was out. I slept pretty good that night!

Now, We're getting closer to being with our loved ones again. We're on the downhill slope of deployment. We've got it on Cruise control, and it's going to be here before we know it. Get out, have fun.. and things will just fly by. They have for me! Seems like he just left, but he'll be home soon.

Here's a few pics!


Before the dress and before the party

All dressed up- Dress I purchased from Goodnight Moon! (Thanks Amber!)

I love this woman!

Hi! (Yes, completely sober- I don't drink!)

Dancing to "Ice Ice Baby" Old school!

One of my Absolute BEST friends!

Some of our group for the night


5 comments:

  1. Glad you had fun and were able to email with your hubby too :) You are so beautiful woman. Love the dress too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of a mid-deployment party before (husbands based out of a NAS) and ya'll looked like you had so much fun. I also agree with the comment above mine, you are gorgeous and that red dress is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a blast! Glad you're around the halfway point. The pictures are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! That's fantastic that they planned something like that for the spouses...kinda like an "over the hump" party! Love it. I'm totally going to remember that for my husband's next deployment. You looked fantastic!

    ReplyDelete