Saturday, June 4, 2011

Sloooow Down!

YES, I'm talking about deployment. I'm wanting time to slow down a little bit. Time is going by so fast that I can't keep up! He will be home very soon and I have SO much planned for him- for us and time is going by so fast that I can't keep up!

I'm anxious, excited and well.. FREAKING OUT!

Freaking out because we're about to close on our house, I still have  A LOT to pack, I have to schedule the movers.. then unpack and decorate in a matter of ___Days!

Yes ___ Days!  (Insert relatively low number in the blank!)

On top of packing, planning and moving.. I want to make a birthday surprise for him.. I want it to be PERFECT.. By perfect, I mean totally cheesy, over the top- and well.. so us.

I have bought him entirely way too many gifts, and I'm sure I will be buying more (I go shopping for me and only buy for him- go figure). Half of them are already wrapped in obnoxious "Happy Birthday" paper. I Have "Happy Birthday" balloons ready to blow up and throw all over the dinning room. I need to get obnoxious streamers.. and lord knows what else I'll end up doing for decor. I plan to have all the wrapped gifts on the table with all the pretty decorations around.. plus some sweet snacks. I've decided on making Cake Pops because they are totally awesome.

See, Awesome right?! Imagine them with a bunch of colorful sprinkles... Oh yes, I'm going to have a blast making them!

Then there's the bedroom I have plans for- but that's for a different blog/ giveaway to be hosted very soon!

Not to mention I have some kick ass ideas for homecoming signs I plan to put up everywhere around our new house- which he has yet to see aside from pics sent to him in email!

I have so so so much to do.. and a very small amount of time to accomplish it in. So days, Please slow down because I want to rock this first deployment coming to an end!

Oh how I wish I could just snap my finger's and it all be perfect. If I could do that, I would so hope that homecoming was tomorrow!

5 comments:

  1. Oh I am right there! I feel like the last six months just flew right by an now I'm down to the wire and I don't think I'm ever going to get it done! I know I will belast minute doing somethings, but I am just so anxious... on top of all the other feelings I'm feeling (that I blogged about earlier in the week about!)

    I can't wait to hear how much he loves the house and his super ceesy birthday surprise :D I know it will be great and he will LOVE it :D Time really did fly by, for both our deployments! It feels like they just left the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love your enthusiasm!!!! :D It WILL be perfect. It will. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah I read that whole thing in a very excited voice!! It all sounds very...well, exciting! haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth, Time most definitely flew by! It's so exciting to say, "We conquered this deployment- we didn't just 'survive' it."

    Marine Wife unplugged, Thank you! If I can pull of just 1/2 of what I have planned, then I'm doing a-ok!

    Jennifer, haha- when I reread it, I read it with an overly obnoxious excited voice too! LOL- but hey, that's so me! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG you;ll see everything will turn out ok!! :D

    i just started following ur blog
    i'm a military gf starting my own blog:
    http://livelaughlovehavenoregrets.blogspot.com/
    hope u can follow and share the love

    ReplyDelete